Officially opened to public on the previous 1st August 2009, Melaka Planetarium is situated at Melaka International Trade Center (MITC) Ayer Keroh. It is acclaimed to be a learning sanctuary encompasses of scientific instruments which brings all the inspired astronomical phenomena (constellations, planets, solar system, our galaxy and beyond the seen and unseen part of the universe) projected onto a doomed ceiling. Complete with six projectors and sophisticated visual technology, The Dome demonstrates a high definition recreation of the outer space. In addition, space science lessons can be made simple as the Planetarium brings the universe subject matter right in front of your eyes.
The Planetarium also offers displays by LCD Projectors and screens and interactive games such as space light table, constellation table and black hole model. One thing you might want to try if you are planning to visit the Planetarium is the Galaxy Walk where you can hear the actual sounds of space.
- Display of the replica of the telescope, sun clocks and compasses.
- Screens featuring the science and history behind rocket inventions and the development of missile technology thereafter.
- Replica of Hubble Space Telescope.
- Charts and boards.
- Refraction/Diffraction Telescope.
- Space Light Table.
- Two simulators; SOYUZ and Challenger.
- Galaxy Walk representing sounds of space.
Activities in Melaka Planetarium
- School Break program
- Treasure hunts
- Space shuttle design competition
- National Science Competition
- Weekly exciting activities
- Seminar Hall
- Café and Souvenir Kiosks
- Surau/Small Mosque
Planetarium Melaka Sdn. Bhd.
Kompleks MITC, Hang Tuah Jaya,
75450, Ayer Keroh, Melaka.
Tel : 06-232 2122 / 0402
Fax : 06-232 0408